So let me ask you a question. How's your thought life? How we think dictates how we feel and act. Let's take it a little further. Is your thought life pleasing to God? If you're like me, you know it's easy to stray in this area of our lives, cause we tell ourselves "who's gonna know". We pause and dwell when we should move on and rebuke. Whether it's gossip, negativity, temptation, anger...God wants all of us, not just the outside. But how do we get control of our thought life? A scripture that has helped me is 2 Corinthians 10:5 (NIV), "...take captive every thought and make it obedience to Christ". I love how The Message paraphrase puts this passage, "The tools of our trade aren’t for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ." That's good stuff! So how will you and I wield these "powerful God-tools" this year?
Series: Together. Stronger.
Key Verse from Sunday:
"...if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
2 Chronicles 7:14, NIV
1. Collective Prayer is Powerful ("...if my people").
2. Prayer Puts God First ("...will humble themselves").
3. Prayer Without Action Is Incomplete ("...and turn from their wicked ways").
4. The Results Are Huge ("...then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land").
5. When You Prayer, See His Face, Not Just His Hand (...and prayer and seek my face...").
Question for Reflection
How do we "seek His face" when we pray and not "just His hand"?
I welcome your comments.